17 February 2010

Scar

My scar is my left thumbnail. I grew up on a farm, and one late summer day (I think I was about to be a freshman in high school) my dad asked for help installing a new line of teeth to the windrower. It was my job to make sure that the new row of teeth he was sliding in stayed in the track.

I was usually using a screwdriver to do this, but at some point that wasn't working. I had to use my hands. I told my dad to hold on, but he didn't hear me, and by thumb got smashed. I ended up losing most of my thumbnail from that accident. Even though some of my nail hadn't been lost, my body apparently thought all of it was, so when my thumbnail started growing back, I actually had a full thumbnail growing over a partial thumbnail. This pattern has continued to this day.

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment