31 January 2010

Dave Zarzynski Interests





To start off, I've always been interested in art from Day 1. Ever since kindergarden doing the finger paintings to art classes I've taken in college, I've loved it from the get-go. What ultimately got me interested in graphic design was after I saw the movie Iron Man in theaters. That was the turning point in my life, where after I watched the movie, I can remember saying to myself that I wanted to do graphic design (since I liked art and was interested in computers, why not do graphic design?). Ever since I've been more observant, more up-to-date, more open to and more intrigued to make my own art. I have all sorts of inspirations, ranging from Dali's work, Escher's work and Alex Grey's work (the album artist for the band Tool). I love any kind of graffiti artwork, as well as pop art. I'm also getting more in touch with and more interested in photography. Basically, anything that catches my eye I'll be interested in. I've been told that I have a very graffiti like style, which I would like to explore more in this class, and see what I can conjure up.
The Crookers
The Bloody Beetroots

Music is also a big influence in my life. I am almost always listening to music when I create anything whether it's a project or just sketches - it not only inspires me but it makes me feel more creative as I'm working. I love basically everything and anything I listen to, with the exception of some country. I like anything from rock, rap, all kinds of techno and anything inbetween. My favorite artists would include DJ AM, The Bloody Beetroots, MSTRKRFT, The Crookers, Kanye West, Tool, Dave Matthews Band, O.A.R and everything else that I can't think of right now. I feel that a lot of what I create is a direct connection to the music I listen to. The music I listen to and the style it has has a great effect on what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment