31 January 2010

My Interests

Camille's Interests




The seriousness of the news in comparison to the mind-numbing, yet engaging celebrity news in
magazines, as well as
celebrity news (suchas E! News... I'm obsessed!). I have noticed due to my interest in world news, I am more willing to read intellectual books such as (Fateful Choices by Ian Kershaw and the works of Jane Austen). I used to HATE reading and would only resort to getting any kind of outside information from more fun/amusing shows, such as E News and the Colbert Report and read only magazines. However, it was magazines and the vivid use of color on shows like those on the E network that made me decide to go into Graphic Design.

I also have a passion for the art during the impressionist movement. Art
ists such as Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Edouard Manet, and of course Claude Monet. I am forever jealous of those who possess the talent to paint, especially if their work has an impressionist feel.

<"Dance in the City" by Renoir














Other Interests of mine..
Audrey Hepburn

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.”

Even at an early age, I was drawn to Audrey Hepburn when watching her in movies such as "Roman Holiday", "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and "Sabrina". Her poise, simple yet elegant fashion sense, and natural beauty were always things that I wanted to emulate.

Design
Layout, web, print, etc. (I love all forms of Graphic design, and continuing to learn more, even on my own by reading books about typography, layout, and how to create websites) is very interesting to me.

• Music
I enjoy a very wide array of music, including: The Beatles, Michael Buble, The Bloody Beatroots, Tyler Hilton, CCR, T-Pain, etc..


As for what holds me back in my work...
I would have to say lack of time, and the worry of what others might say. I take a lot to heart so when others don't approve or don't enjoy work I have done, it tends to affect me in a negative way. This semester I will do my best to push this aside in order to express myself in a manner that expresses how I really feel about a particular subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment